Extremely bizarre laws in Australia, that don’t make sense
Before visiting another country, it is always useful to find out what rules and regulations they have just to be safe.
Australia is not only the home for some of the deadliest animals in the world, but also some of the weirdest rules you will ever come across.
1. If a urinal is not readily available, it is legal to urinate on the rear left tyre of your vehicle.
2. It is illegal to leave your car keys inside an unattended vehicle
3. The Summary Offences Act of 1966 deems it illegal to be heard by someone singing an obscene song.
4. It is illegal to walk on the right hand side of a footpath
5. It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday on a Sunday
6. Children are allowed to purchase cigarettes, but there is no stating that they cannot smoke them
7. In the Gold Coast, it is illegal for women to wear a bikini whose material exceeds six square inches.
8. Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.
9. It is illegal to roam the streets wearing black clothes, felt shoes and black shoe polish on your face as these items are the tools of a cat burglar
10. The Summary Offences Act of 1966 deems it illegal to be heard by someone singing an obscene song.