Extremely bizarre laws in europe. 20 Crazy Stupid Laws in Europe.
Although I suspect that most of these crazy laws are more myth than fact, I do agree that they tell a lot about life in those countries.
1. In France it’s illegal to name your pig Napoleon.
2. An English law prohibits people to die in the House of Parliament.
3. Heels are banned at certain Greek archaeological sites, including the Acropolis.
4. Between 3:29 PM and 6:47 PM, people in Madrid cannot ask one another what time it is.
5. Men wearing a skirt in public in Italy can be arrested.
6. It’s illegal to flag down a taxi in England if you have the plague.
7. In Turkey it is against the law to fall in love with a neighbor’s son, daughter, wife, servant, or animals.
8. During Sweden’s long hours of winter darkness, it is illegal to complain that you wish it were sunny.
9. If someone knocks on your door in Scotland and requests the use of your toilet, you must allow them access.
10. Divorce is still illegal in the Vatican. In Malta it was legalized in 2011.
11. Driving while wearing flip-flops or sandals is a criminal offense in Spain, and comes with a fine of 200 EUR.
12. In Turin, Italy dog owners can be fined up to 600 EUR for not taking their dogs on a walk at least 3 times a day.
13. In Belgium, girls must have written permission from their fathers to wear a mini skirt that is more than 4 inch above the knee.
14. It is illegal for a woman to wear wigs in Denmark.
15. The citizens of Monaco are prohibited from playing in the Monte Carlo Casino.
16. In Tallinn, Estonia’s capital, it is strictly forbidden to play chess during sex.
17. It is legal to murder someone within the ancient city walls of York, Scotland, but only if he carries a bow and arrow.
18. Telling a man in Italy he has “no balls” is a crime punishable with a fine.
19. Sex is only allowed in the dark in Budapest.
20. In Denmark, the penalty for a man saying to his wife that she is “uglier than her mother” is up to 1 year in prison.